Subject: Re: I'm altering the subject of 3DS MAX Flame War
From: [email-masked] (Mike Harlock)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:22:08 -0800

> What I would really like is advice on getting into the video game industry.
> Would knowing 3DS be as valuable as I think?  Is LW more predominant in the
> video game industry than I think?  Thanks...

My brief game world exp.:  I was talking to mindscape about a certain very large
game project, and they are using a new realtime software-only 3D
shaded poly's engine fot the game that uses 3DS objects.

We discussed me making objects and then using Syndesis or something to convert
them, but it seems more of a hassle than it's worth, because of the various
things that get lost in the translation to and fro.

I made a sample object and scene and showed it to them however, and they were
very impressed.  One day when the nondisclosure agreement is moot, I'll put
this file up for viewing. ;)

On the other hand, Origin Systems seems to like lightwave, don't they.  Did
they ever get enough animators to move to Texas from their usenet postings?
Heh.

--Mike

       __
      <  \   [email-masked] - Mike "Harlock" Massee
[\\\\\\(\ (:::<===========================================-
\<      >  \           Practice Random Kindness
 \\    /    |        And Senseless Acts of Beauty
  `==='____/